- Category: Health Updates
- Created on Thursday, 24 November 2011 16:28
Collins Street Medical Centre would like to recommend the following website www.insideradiology.com.au.
It is an excellent and easy to use website containing information about radiology tests and procedures for health consumers and health professionals.
It has been developed by Australasian Radiologists and other expert health professionals, including General Practitioners, with input from consumers.
This website is endorsed by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists and is fully funded by the Australian Government.
It answers in plain English frequently asked questions about radiology tests such as :
- What is it?
- How do I prepare?
- What happens during?
- How long does it take?
- What are the risks?
- What are the benefits?
- When can I expect the results?
The site features information items about:
- Radiology Professions
- General Radiology
- Paediatric Radiology
- Breast Imaging
- Women's Health
- Cardiac Imaging
- Abdominal Imaging
- Neurological Imaging
- Interventional Radiology and treatments
- Nuclear Medicine
There are several ways to search for a procedure or test relating to radiology:
- Keyword Search - Type the name of the test, procedure, or a keyword into the search box and click on ' Search'.
- Skeleton Search - When the test or procedure name is unknown, from the 'Search ' page you can click on the part of the body involved to see a list of possible items.
- Index of all information - This allows viewing of all the tests or procedures associated with a particular area. Click on the + sign beside each heading ,e.g. Women's health .'General' includes information about imaging, different people involved in providing radiology services, radiation risks and contrast agents used in radiology procedures.
Once the information item is identified clicking on its link will open the relevant page.
There are links to skip to frequently asked questions and it can be downloaded to print or save.